Thursday, April 20, 2006

Doesn't anybody give a damn about anything any more?

I have to come out of off retirement to shout this call into the wilderness: don't we Americans care about ANYTHING that happens around us or to us?

Exxon Mobil posted a profit of $36 billion.

I can't figure out why people aren't jumping up and down and demanding action. Don't we realize how much power is behind this amount of money, and how much influence over our government and our lives? This is exactly the reason that we have anti-trust laws to protect us.

I paid $3 a gallon to fill up my gas tank today. I could swallow it if there were some kind of world-wide oil crisis that was squeezing everyone. Clearly, however, what is being squeezed is the American people by the oil companies.

2 comments:

Papa Bill said...

William Sloane Coffin gave a damn. He died last week. My professor (Goldstein)wrote a book about him and went up to speak at the funeral. Coffin was the guy who lead us down to Mississippi for voter registration. I feel galvanized to do something, but I can't figure out what yet. I'll let you know.

By the way, I wrote something today about childhood disillusionment. If you have an interesting personal experience, I'd like to hear about it, on your blog or mine. You're right, I'm probably just nosy.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you Nile, I am noticing more and more that people just don't care about anyone BUT themselves. More and more people are becoming more rude and down right nasty. Inflation is everywhere.

It is just sad to see where we as humans are going down the drain and fast! Just was having a moment and had to see if anyone else out there felt the same way I do.

Disgusted in Florida!!!