Wednesday, October 05, 2005

More stuff...

Nora Ephron makes a good point about the NYT's charging to read its op-ed pieces. It takes the paper out of the realm of blog-searching. It will surely change its policies.

Whisky Bar is a little boring for me: too much of the "I" game. First-person writing poses a credibility problem. I start to wonder, "Who is this guy, and why do I care about what he thinks?" It's semantics, really, as the same info can easily be conveyed in the third-person -- it's just more work to write.

On Bush drinking: I love the day-after-pretzel picture. So he's drinking again. I guess they can't do anything else to him.

On The Next Hurrah: I like it. Funky, funny, irreverent. I like the way it tries to tackle the Judith Miller story. It's one of those horrendous stories that most of America doesn't get.

On Evetushnet.com: Interesting approach -- an IM style. I get the feeling the chief-cook-bottle-washer is sending in stuff from her Blackberry on the subway. Intriguing but thin on details.

No comments: