Sunday, September 18, 2005

Kos-sting

I've been browsing on Daily Kos. This blogging thing can really suck up the time, can't it? My seven-year-olds are now complaining, "Are you blogging AGAIN?"

DK does seem to have a compilation of serious discussions on topical liberal political issues. I really enjoyed the dKopedia Hurrican Katrina timeline. When I read this site, I feel like I'm sitting in a Washington bar near the DNC headquarters listening to the conversations around me. It's intelligent, tries to take a fair view of both sides, but in the end, it's liberal politics (fortunately it goes along with my views, but I wonder -- why aren't any of the conservative blogs as popular?)

The bio posted by the dK creator was interesting...he was pretty frank about his point of view. I was curious why he gave a detailed list of his music recordings -- is he trying to get us to buy them?

The discussion threads are cool -- they let you get into the substance of the discussion more. It's like I pulled my chair up to the table in that bar I mentioned.

As an aside, I have to comment on how disheartening today's stories are on dK...our VP is a completely cold-hearted SOB, the polar ice caps are harkening a climatic Armegeddon, and Roberts could try to dismantle the last fifty years or so of civil rights protection on the Supreme Court. Maybe this is why Dooce is so popular...just poopy diapers and an off-beat Mormon.

Incidentially, dK brags that it's on of the top blogs on BlogStreet...it's worth the trip just to see the names of the top 100.

After the kids go to bed, I'm definitely checking out skippy the bush kangaroo.

No comments: