Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I just looked at Anvil and Fire, and I love that John's post prompted a reaction from John Rush. He probably has one of those programs that identifies who is linking to his blog. It's now pretty impossible for us to remain anonymous and quietly monitor the blogosphere. Even as we observe it, we change it. Isn't that the essential anthropological conundrum?

As for John Rush, he responded judiciously to John's comments and seemed appreciative of what could have been construed as criticism. I'm not sure, honestly, how to comment on these Christian blogs. I have such issues with organized religion, and I cannot fairly judge them (can anyone?). Anvil and Fire is actually a refreshing change after all the political blogs of last week. Rush is trying to calmly and fairly ponder some of life's deeper questions. Pretty far cry from the frentic pace of "I gotcha" that seemed to prevalent last week.

2 comments:

Brett E. Lassoff said...

Yeah, I'm having a tough time separating my opinions out from the rhetoric. I have some ideas about religion and I don't know how to separate them from a meaningful discussion on faith blogs. Is it even possible?

Anonymous said...

Being chest deep in a 'faith community' myself (Storrs Quakers), I can't say I'm unfamiliar with the atmosphere many of these faith blogs float in; but I just find them too talk-oriented... no action! Just like most of the political blogs we've looked at. By 'action', in this atmosphere, I mean any kind of live connection & engagement between people (or for that matter, between a person and a live 'god'!) instigated by the communication that happens on the blog. Did find a few blogs that verge on creating this kind of connectivity, and posted them in Colin's thread & my blog. But the search goes on!